Employment Opportunities-Currently Hiring
General Tree Service, a leader in the arboricultural industry since 1924, is poised for growth and always looking for good people. Check us out and see if you have what it takes to be a part of the General Tree Service Team.
Accepting applications for Arborist Representative until 9/30/2017
If interested, please fill out the employment application on this page. Complete your application by emailing your resume and cover letter letting us know what sparked your interest about this position and why you are the perfect person for the job.
Arborist Representative job includes the following:
- Manage and drive all areas of sales within a defined territory, including prospecting, selling, marketing, customer service and other non-selling tasks including, not limited to, administration production and training.
- Administer client contracts and relationships.
- Supervise a team ensuring satisfactory project completion.
- Implementing and enforcing all safety, transportation and pesticide compliance programs.
Main requirements for Arborist Representative
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years’ experience selling and managing residential and commercial properties and have a proven track record of success.
- You have hands on knowledge of trees, insects and diseases.
- You have a track record of exceeding your sales goals and revenue targets.
- You are a motivated, high energy individual with a can-do attitude!
- You have strong self-management and organization skills.
- You successfully lead a team of climbers and grounds people with high safety expectations.
- In the business world, you believe no doesn’t mean no; it just means not right now.
Tree department is hiring climbing crew leaders
We are offering a $500 sign-on bonus for experienced climbing crew leaders though people of all skill levels and experience are encouraged to apply. General Tree Service offers competitive wages and excellent benefits package so start the application process by filling out the online employment application on this page.
Some of the requirements for this positions include:
- Good verbal/written communication and customer service skills
- Punctuality, good attendance and organizational skills
- Current drivers license and an insurable driving record
- Pre-employment background check, drug test and physical
- Working outdoors under varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions
- Ability to walk several miles daily and lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Digital dexterity and muscle coordination necessary to control equipment used in this field
How to apply
Please fill out our online employment application on this page to apply.
Some of the positions we offer include:
PLANT HEALTH CARE TECHNICIAN. Territory management (i.e. efficiently scheduling and routing jobs, regular contact with clients, selling of services depending on landscapes needs, growing territory customer base). Licensed application of bio-rational products and fertilizers. Provide expert advice and recommendations to property owners concerning the health of their landscape.
PRUNING HELPERS, CLIMBERS AND CREW LEADERS. All phases of tree care from pruning azaleas to removal of hazardous trees.
LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE HELPERS AND CREW LEADERS. More than just a “mow and go” operation, General Tree Service maintains some of the premier landscapes in the Portland Metro area.
SEASONAL HELP. General Tree Service also provides custom Holiday Lighting for our clients. This position is an excellent way to “get your foot in the door” with us.
Benefits include: 100% company paid medical and dental insurance premiums for our employees with subsidized insurance premiums for dependents, 401(k) with employer match, 125 plan, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, paid vacation, competitive wages and company supplied quality safety equipment.
We offer great growth opportunities, a supportive work environment and in-house training for those with a desire to improve and excel in this dynamic industry.
$10 to $26/hr. (depending on position/experience)